Italy is a beautiful land located in Southwestern Europe. Italy is a country filled with contrasts: charming old towns, the Mediterranean and breathtaking natural landscapes, passionate people and simple yet delightful food. At the same time, Italy is rich in traditional culture and history as well as for World Heritage Sites that you would love to visit during your stay in Italy, but it is the prestigious top universities in Italy that pulls the attention of international students towards Italy as a perfect destination for foreign education.
VizaServices Consultancy is the best Italy Education Consultancy firm for Best Consultancy in India for Foreign Education Admission especially for the Study in Italy. We are here to guide you and assist you at every point of your decisions towards overseas education in Italy.
Why Italy Education:
The universities in Italy were established in the 12th century offering them the oldest in the Western world. The restructuring of the Italian education system originated the new concept of University institutions across the rest of Europe. With its powerful historical aura, breathtaking sites and diverse natural landscape Italy are sure to provide international students with an enriching aesthetic experience. The fields of design, fashion, applied sciences, engineering, arts and architecture lie at the forefront of Italy’s domain of higher education.
Studying in Italy has been the most popular destination for many international students since ages, by offering high-quality education, top-ranked universities and at an affordable tuition fee than many other Western European countries. For these reasons, many internationals choose to study abroad in Italy .
There are almost 71 universities in Italy, of which the majority are publicly funded.
Under the Bologna Process, Italy education system has implemented the Nuovo ordinamento system, replacing the former Vecchio ordinamento.
A total of 30 universities bagged the prestigious QS World University Rankings® for 2017-2018.
VizaServices Consultancy is the best abroad education consultant in India has set a marvellous history by placing countless students in Top universities of Italy to achieve their dream of Studying in Italy.
The Education System in Italy
Italy had played a significant role in the recent amelioration of higher education known as “Bologna Process”, created the European Area of Higher Education. In the 1990s, Italy’s education system underwent reformation based on the Bologna Process, which aims to build a compatible system of education throughout Europe.
Italy’s higher education is formed in a binary system consisting of two main articulations: the university sector and the non-university sector. Presently, the university sector in Italy has 89 universities listed within the following categories:
- 58 state universities – public entities endowed with scientific, teaching, bookkeeping autonomy managerial and financial
- 17 non-State universities (legally recognized by the State).
- 2 Universities for foreigners.
- 6 Higher schools specialized in postgraduate university studies.
- 6 Telemetric universities.
The non-university sector includes 4 education typologies with their institutions:
- Higher schools of design: polytechnics for the arts, academies of fine arts, higher institutes for applied arts, music conservatories and recognized music institutes, higher institutes for musical and choreographic studies, national academies.
- Higher education in language mediation: higher schools for language mediators.
- Higher integrated education (FIS): programmes of higher technical education & training (IFTS)
- A few specific fields (e.g. archiving, diploma tics, restoration, military studies, etc.) which, along withtheir respective institutions, fall under the supervision of ministries other than that of Education.
Academic Calendar The academic year in Italy has two semesters. The first semester starts from the month of September/October and ends in January/February. The second semester starts from the month February and ends in July. The start and finish dates vary in different universities but each semester lasts for about 20 weeks comprising of 14 weeks for teaching period lasting and around 6 weeks for the exam period