If you are thinking to study in a nation that offers a diverse culture and has an excellent academic reputation, you need not look any further than France. One of the most attractive destinations for many international students to study abroad, France is an extraordinary choice for any prospective international student.
There are presently more than 250,000 international students studying in France. In fact, about 10% of enrollments at French universities are the international students only; many of whom study at the graduate level. The nation offers an excellent atmosphere for all international students when it comes to quality of education and research opportunities.
Many of the French universities are influential: Paris alone has more than ten top universities in the QS World University Rankings, including:
- Ecole Normale Supérieur (ENS)
- ESSEC Business School
- Université Pierre et Marie Curie
- Ecole Polytechnique Paristech
There are many universities and research centres all across the country, ideal for all internationals students who wish to study in France. France offers attractive opportunities for many international students and is a great destination for those who seek quality, yet affordable higher education at a prestigious European university.
Educational System in France:
The French education system is one of the best in the world. It is also one of the most accessible ones. With dramatically decreased tuition fees in comparison to other leading studies abroad destinations, studying in France is more economically viable for any international student. Consistently appearing at the top of internationally renowned rankings, French universities provide best academic that easily competes with other countries.
France is an excellent choice for those desiring to study business related subjects. The country is somewhat of a hub for international business trade and management education as it is loaded with prestigious business schools in the worldwide rankings.
France has 83 public universities, and they are all funded by the national government, offering an outstanding education at a very affordable price to all students, either domestic or international. There are also few private universities in France. The academic session starts in September or October and ends in May or June, depending on the type of program and institution that a candidate chooses. There are 2 semesters, divided by a break followed by final examinations at the end of the first semester. There are 2 types of courses offered at the French universities:
Large lecture classes: This type, of course, are designed for a smaller group of students, where the professor addresses the class, and the students take notes, and sections & labs, where the material covered during lecture hours is explored in greater details. The attendance is mandatory during classes. Few career-oriented programs also need internships and practical training.
When it comes to degrees, the French universities use a format accessible throughout EU: licence, master, doctorate. The licence applies to undergraduate studies, and it lasts for six semesters (3 years), with 180 ECTS earned. Master studies continue for an additional four semesters (2 years), for a total of 5 years of study and 300 ECTS earned. The doctorate is obtained after the additional six semesters (3 years).
It’s also essential to know that every university has an internship referral system and a career services office, where you can always know of the most recent internship and job opportunities available to you.
Top Reasons to Study Management in France
- ● France is one of the most sought after study-abroad destinations with many of the world’s top business schools
- ● Offering more than 400 recognised degrees in Management
- ● Offering a wide variety of specializations in Management
- ● Students with technical education and three years degrees are eligible for admission into Management Specializations
- ● GMAT is not needed for entry into majority of educational programmes
- ● Five of the top French business schools are listed among top 10 business schools in Europe
- ● Rated as best destination in the world regarding value for Money for world class
- ● The management model followed by B-Schools is regarded as standard of excellence
- ● Few of the classes are taught by executives in senior management positions from the collaborated industry
- ● Educate students to perform at the highest levels of trade, manufacturing and services
- ● Presenting the essential skills to tackle all the challenges faced in a globally competitive world
- ● The management degree teaching is exclusively offered in English
Top Reasons to Study Engineering in France
- ● Most of the important scientific and mathematical theories were formulated by the French, like Laplace, Fourier and Descartes.
- ● France has a long antiquity of engineering breakthroughs in the fields of Computer Science such as Camera Phone, Optical telegraph, Communication; Computer – aided manufacturing, Smart Card and Several Programming languages
- ● French engineering education is appreciated around the world for its capability to produce highly qualified engineers.
- ● All engineering schools in France are organized by a national commission on engineering degrees, which ensures the high quality of degrees awarded.